Steel City Comics Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Steel City Comics Forum

This is the official forum for Steel City Comics and its productions!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Upcoming Comic book films?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brain

Brain

Upcoming Comic book films? Empty
PostSubject: Upcoming Comic book films?   Upcoming Comic book films? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 26, 2010 10:48 pm

Cool, well i enjoy that you added this, and i will start it off. Are there any comic book movies that are starting to make you gag a little, i mean there are a lot of good marvel properties (there are also D.c and prolly Indy comic films also but i'am partial towards Marvel). going to the big screen, but which ones are you most fearful of.

Conan- ok so i used to watch Arnold slaughter people in the originals, not the best scripts ever but, he was Conan, Now they have a totally un-apealing cast started, i even heard Bob Sapp was going to be in it, Good grief.

Captain America- The quest for cap continues, and there choices are so far all pretty boys which was expected, except for one, John Krasinski (of the office, Jim Halpert) Alota people are really praying he is not the choice, i for one think he would probably do a good job especially how cap' came to be The Captain. But with that, i mean the director has directed such smash hits as Jurrasic park 3, Jumanji, The Pagemaster, And most recently The Wolfman which i hear was not very good.

Now i like the Green Lantern, but i am really sick of actors being flip floppers from Marvel and D.C films may be selfish of me but, i find it stupid, i mean there is definitely more actors who can play the part of Hal Jordan, then Deadpool err Ryan Reynolds (i mean both films are coming out in the same year).

There are tons more movies coming so i hope you folks would put in you two cents.
Back to top Go down
Jeff
Admin

Upcoming Comic book films? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Upcoming Comic book films?   Upcoming Comic book films? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 27, 2010 12:02 am

I've always been primarily a spider-man fan, myself. Spider-man 4 was recently cancelled, which was INCREDIBLY upsetting because Sam Raimi has admitted a million times that he hated Spider-man 3, and with 4, he was looking to get back to the roots of the character, and simplify it back down into what made the first and second movies so good. The ideas that he was having were frigging amazing, but the studio was shooting him down at pretty much every turn, so they both called it quits. Now they've decided to reboot the character (already) and start over with him as a high school student. I agree with this move because Sam Raimi advanced the character too quickly, but I disagree with it because it just seems like a gimmick move so that they can re-use Venom, Doc-Ock, and the Green Goblin. It's cool to have a new director on board, but he's relatively unknown, only doing some music videos here and there and the movie (500) Days of Summer. I don't want to see Spider-man devolve into a romantic comedy. However, from what I've heard, this new movie script is sounding "gritty", or at least that's what everyone who's read it is describing it as. If there were one word I could pick to describe spider-man, I can guarantee you that I wouldn't have picked "gritty". It gets a little heavy at times, but never gritty. They specifically cited The Dark Knight when talking about writing it, and I feel like that's another gimmick move by marvel/disney to try and make some more money. BUT THAT'S NOT SPIDER-MAN. I'm relatively certain that they're going to cast an unknown in the part, which is good. I refuse to watch pretty-boy-Zac-Efron-Spider-Man, or 2 hours of super-awkward-michael-cera-spider-man.

Besides Spider-Man and Bat-Man, my hope in comic book movies has pretty much been shattered. The X-Men series went so far down hill that we had to buy it a hobbit hole... all of the movies coming out now look incredibly disappointing...

Though that Avengers movie seems like it could be promising, but I only say that because of how ridiculously awesome the last Hulk movie was, and how good Iron Man... If Thor, Captain America, and Iron Man 2 live up to the hyper, then I'll be excited for the Avengers.
Back to top Go down
http://steelcityorder.com

Upcoming Comic book films?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Steel City Comics Forum :: Unrelated Discussion :: Movies-
Jump to: